Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Scrapalicious !!







Here is my latest finished quilt, I have named it Scrapalicious!!
I sat hand stitching the binding to the back of my quilt by the glow of the television whilst watching Desperate Housewives then Brothers & sisters until finally the last stitch was in place.....ahhhh all done, I love that feeling.

I started this scrappy quilt before Christmas and have finally moved it from the unfinished projects pile to the end of my bed. I was on a bit of a mission to get my stash pile down but as I mentioned in my previous post, I always seem to be missing just that bit of something, I know all you crafters out there know exactly what I'm talking about. I refrained quite well though on this one I think. Its made completely from my scrap pile with the exception of the gorgeous hot pink fabric I used for the binding which I had sitting there waiting for ever ( along with all the rest ) for the right project to come along . As for my scrap pile, well, its still enormous. I think it always will be.

I have two quilts under construction at the moment, one in its final stages with the top being completed and I have just started an heirloom quilt for my mum, I really should learn to finish one thing before starting another but when the mood strikes you just have to take action ( and I might forget my ideas .lol.) ....
Unil next time,

15 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

love your quilt! very pretty:) gavin got his package last friday; thanks!! the turtle has grown very big and scarey looking!! did luke get his yet??

noelle

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hey Cherrie,
that scrapalicious quilt looks fantastic. Well done on using your scraps and not buying anything to add to it. Oh, you must be a strong gal!
Oh yeah, the pink binding is just right.
Hugs, Anna

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is anything better than finishing a project. Wait, yes there is, a scrappy quilt project. I love using up every single piece of fabric. This turned out beautifully!! What will you do with it? Also, anyone who hand binds (as I do as well) has my " atta girls" coming to them.

ATTA GIRL! Nice job

Melinda said...

I love it! So pretty!

Mimi's Rose Chenille Boutique said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I have so many chenille scraps it's unbelievable and I may just have to try to find the time to make something with all of them. I love the colors and the pink binding to your beautiful creation is just perfect!

Have a great day!

Mimi

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

It is truly scrapalicious and i love it to pieces .You choose all the right colours or do i mean my colours lol

Peta said...

Love that quilt Cherrie.

Gail McCormack said...

Your quilt is beautiful Cherrie. It must be rewarding to think you've made something so special out of scraps!

The Pink Poodle said...

MMM!! finally finishing a project..>

not sure what that means in English!

the quilt looks totally fab...clever girl you!!

and out of scraps?? this just adds to your cleverness??? is their such a word..

have a lovely easter..
xx andrea

Siobhan said...

Hi Cherrie, Just popping past to wish you a Happy Easter!

Siobhan xo

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

hi,

did luke ever receive his easter swap from us?? we haven't heard from you...??

Glenda said...

your quilt looks so great.I have always wanted to do this but like everything it is at the back of nowwhere.Such pretty colours and how they all go together.love from Glenda

blushing rose said...

What a sweet quilt. You are very talented w/scraps/leftovers. Pop on over & check out my fabrics. TTFN ~ Marydon

blushing rose said...

TY for popping in Cherie, I hope you enjoyed my blog. You can also view my feedsacks collection on my website ~ blushingroseboutique.com. We have 2,300. I hope you will join my 'followers' ... have a great eve.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Spotty Dotties and Psycho Cats said...

Your Scrapalicious quilt looks fabulosa delicious! I love it. The pink binding really finishes it nicely.
Jen :)