Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A bushfire Sunset







Beautiful pictures caused by the most destructive fires Australia has ever seen.

I took these pictures on Sunday the 8th from my back verandah, the night after these devastating fires began. This eerie sunset was caused by the Bunyip Ridge fire.
I wont go into it any more than this, Im sure these fires have made the news worldwide and everyone everywhere is quite aware of the devastating effect this has had on so many without me posting devastating details about it.
So many innocent people and animals living through a time that would seem like nothing short of Hell on earth.
To help in this time of crisis you can visit http://www.redcross.org.au/
Stay safe

5 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

Glad you're OK Cherrie! You must be very close -

I have a mental block everytime I try and express myself over the fires, as you say there's no need for details

Keep safe

Gossamer Creations said...

Hi Cherrie,

I have heard about the fires on the news. It sounds unimaginable, I hope you are OK. From the pictures you must be pretty close. Wishing you the best.
~Sue~

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Cherrie it sure is a terrible time for all those involved. terrible loss of so many lives
Alison

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Hi yes I have seen lots on the news and its terrible , and so sad all these lives lost and devestation.
Glad you are safe x Dom

The Pink Poodle said...

hi cherrie...BOY!!...you are much nearer to the horror than me.

THis is just too horrible to express in words..

we all know what the horror has unfolded so far...more to come unfortunately..

keep safe...xx andrea