Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ta dah !!

















Remember that ugly old desk pictured in my previous post that was ready for the junk pile? Well here she is all finished at last.

I love reviving old wooden furniture and giving it a new life, its always amazing seeing the end result.


I added new hinges, fixed the lovely old pigoen hole shelves that were falling apart , sanded the whole thing, applied many coats of paint, glued on the french moulds , rubbed it all back for that antique appeal and last but not least,a coat of clear sealer to make fingerprints easy to remove ..


I love how its turned out, now I just have to find somewhere to put it..Have a nice day!

8 comments:

Mom of 2 Roses said...

It is beautiful!! I love it and love that you could see the hidden potential!!
Hugs,
Laurie

nbeltane said...

love it
to think back to the photo you sent us of what it looked like originally when you brought it. what a fab job you have done..

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

omg thats just soooo gorgeous
i cannot believe it

Peta said...

That is amazing, I can't believe how well it turned out!

The Pink Poodle said...

OH good grief!! how wonderful does it look..you have done a fantastic job...how exciting is it to find something that someone else considers to be junk..and VOILA...
you can breathe NEW life into it..

well done...want to see MORE!!

xx andrea

Siobhan said...

Beautiufl job, what a difference!!!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

This is beautiful!!! When I looked back at the before I thoughtWOW!!! What a beautiful difference! Amazing what paint and appliques can accomplish!!

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

you have done a great job , it looks gorgeous!